Kosmas / The Patron Saints of Kosmas

The Holy Church of the Agioi Anargyroi, Saints Kosmas and Damian, was built on the site of a previous church. Here, men and women carried the materials over great distances on their shoulders onto an irregular base and faced great difficulties in building the foundations. The church was inaugurated on May 6, 1886; this historical information is written by hand in the Gospel of the holy church (fifth edition, Venice, published by the Greek Printing House "Phoenix" in 1879, on page 46). It celebrates on June 29th, while during the celebration of the birthday of the Virgin Mary on September 8th, the holy icon of the Virgin of Elona is moved to the Church of Agioi Anargyroi in order to be venerated.

Here too we will hear the story of the finding of the icon in the bushes next to the spring. This spring, as it was formed, is now the main well of the town.

< Back